[3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3DI SO(A)SB80 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3DI SO(A)SB80 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 14:37:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SO(A)SB80 QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:  391       1      45    6
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  391       1      45    6  Total Score = 40,352

Club:

Comments:

Hi

I won the CQ WW RTTY three times in a row on 80m QRP. I found my category even
tough it is hard to keep the focus and stay awake the whole night. When I look
at my determination there is no room for improvement, I was qrv when the band
opens and still when it closed. For example on saturdayevening I was qrv from
15u utc until sundaymorning 7u utc, this without any breaks, even no
toiletbreaks. Most of the time the joy is gone on sunday and most of the time I
watch some television then but not this time, qrv qrv qrv…

About the contest then! I was able to call a lot CQ, my runs were better then
last year, the noiselevel wasn't that big. Surprised to see the band was open
from 3565 until 3620, big part into the SSB part! I'm always looking for the end
of the part, less qrm…
As usuall I could work whole Europe, I managed to work two more countries then
last year. A thanks to YOTA and 4O4YCP (youth contest program), it was a
multiplier! But then the things that went wrong this contest, DX... I only
managed to work one USA station, AA3B, this on sundaymorning. I heard some
others but they were weaker then last year, for example no V31MA or P49X in the
log, year after year the USA stations dropps in my log, pitty!
I had more success with CR3W and CR3DX, worked them easily!
I haven't also heard TF, so that is a zone missed, 6 zones is to less when you
want to win the contest…

During the contest I watched my opponents moves, E77EA and US3IW... US3IW wasn't
active on sunday, E77EA was but less then me. Anyway his signal was stronger
then mine, he got even decoded in USA, my compliments!
I know I will lose this contest and I know it is fairly but one small thing, the
spots of W3LPL aren't fair! Contesting is getting spotted, I'm am the only qrp
station who hasn't been spotted, yeah a G2 spotted me as ON2DI:-(… W3LPL spots
rare dx, heard in... In my opinion it is a competition distortion…

So I thought that E77EA was my opponent, but at the end of the contest I had a
chat with F1AKK, he has blown me away! His statistics are phenomenal, definitly
compared with the amount of hours he was behind the radio. He claims my world
record, congrats!

I don' t know the score yet of E77EA but I would be suprised if it is less then
me. But we will see at the claimed scores. Anyway 80m qrp isn't dead...
I have some thinking to do, I found once again the limits of my antenna… Do I
need to make another antenna or changing to another category? I have some months
left to do the analysis...

Next goal is normally CQ WW CW, defending my title on 80m QRP...

Pieter ON3DI