[3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 14:24:50 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 31

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  135
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  135  Mults = 135  Total Score = 18,225

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 91b, 1 KW, 1/2 wave 40M coax fed dipole, 88' cf zepp.  Logging
by N1MM+, but no rig control or computer keying.  All CW sent with an old MFJ484
Memory Keyer and a Kent double lever paddle.  I don't keep up with such records,
but I think this is my best CWOps score ever and I have been operating in them
since they were originated.  Didn't have the score window up, so wasn't keeping
up with the rate, but was pleasantly surprised at the end.k  My broadband tuning
amp is out of commission at the moment, so I can't instantly change bands but
have to reset the amp controls and then tune for a second or two.  So, decided
not to start on 80M where I don't do too well in the mornings and work almost
every station over again on 40, so they are not new mults.  Have found it hard
to find a CQ frequency if I arrive on 40M after a while on 80.  Worked out
great.  Got a good frequency to run on and ran for about 45 minutes.  Switched
between the two antennas, which run in different directions from the same tree.
The dipole favors E/W amd the the zepp favors N/S.  Had planned to go to 20 when
the rate dropped on 40, but instead did S&P on 40 for all those running
stations I hadn't worked earlier and who were still on 40M (probably most were
SO2R).  Ran out of stations to call and called CQ for the last QSO.  Sorry to
miss the possibility of DX on 20M, but staying on 40 maximized the mults this
time.  Thanks for all QSOs  Hope to work you all in ARRL Sweepstakes CW this
weekend.  73, John, K4BAI  P.S.  If I can get back up 05-08Z tonight on 40 and
80 CW, I will be in the annual Silent Key Contest using the SECC club call W4AN
in memory of the late Bill Fisher, W4AN.