[3830] SS SSB NN3W(@N4RV) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richnn3w@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NN3W(@N4RV) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:06:36 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N4RV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  119
   40:  679
   20:  425
   15:   10
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for N4RV for allowing me to invade his home for part 2 of a two-station
operation.  I normally would have done Jack's station for 24 hours and gone
unassisted, but summer storms rendered his 80 meter dipoles inoperable and I had
to effectively skip 80 completely on Sunday until a temporary inverted Vee was
erected for use.  So, night #1 was at home and night #2 was at Jacks.  To
maximize score, Assisted it was.  And one radio it was.

Started at 1100z and with no 80 meter antenna I could only watch the action on
that band.  Its clear that folks don't even think about 40 until 1200z.  19 QSOs
in my first hour was painful.

Condx were not bad for Sweeps on Sunday. 40 cooperated much more than on
Saturday with short skip being present most all evening.  20 was in very good
condition - being normal at first and then some short skip to W2 and W1.  Worked
many more W1s than normal on 20 and they were -loud-.  80 was short as well.

Last sections were NT, VI, WPA, BC, and DE.  Worked NT and VI in two consecutive
QSOs, WPA a bit later on 40, and then two BC stations called me in a row on 20.
That left DE which I normally would work on 40 and 80.  We were having a bit of
RF in the shack which caused our Internet connection to die when I was on 20
meters.  During one brief reconnect cycle, K3WI was spotted.  My callsign file
has him in MDC but I remembered that Bill lives in/operates from DE now.  Being
so close to him, I was afraid I would not be able to hear him on 20.  But, I
spun the VFO down to his freq, swung the beam east and there he was.  Easy
peasy.

Sweep in 7 hours just doesn't seem fair.

Tnx for the QSOs.