[3830] SS SSB N4RV(NN3W) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N4RV(NN3W) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:14:07 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4RV
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: NN3W

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

------------
  160:    0
   80:  298
   40:   86
   20:   49
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The first night of a two station effort.

My station really needs some rework and local noise abatement.  Noise levels are
a constant S4 now on 40 and S8 on 80 meters.  By comparison, we had a 9 hour
power outage on Thursday night and noise levels were S1 on 40 and S3 on 80.  The
hash is taking the fun out of ham radio.

With N4RV lacking a 80 meter antenna (until a temporary one was erected), it was
decided for a two-station effort - Saturday at home and Sunday at N4RV.

Condx were OK on 20 but my dipole antenna got me repeatedly beat out on CQs.
Very frustrating.  40 was waaay long at 2230z and 80 was waaay long at 2330z.
Those conditions persisted until at least 0430z or 0500z when the skip finally
contracted.

Despite all this, I worked 82 sections.  How the hell does one miss BC for
#83????

Did some father chores on Saturday (make dinner, take son over to friends house
for overnight, phone calls) that reduced chair time.  But alas.

Crashed around 2:00 am for 2.5 hours of sleep before waking up to shower and
drive to N4RV for part 2.