[3830] ARRL 160 LY7Z(@LY7Z/LY9Y) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 LY7Z(@LY7Z/LY9Y) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:55:13 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: LY7Z
Operator(s): LY7Z
Station: LY7Z/LY9Y

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: KO16JA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 254  Sections = 57  Countries = 4  Total Score = 28,956

Club:

Comments:

I did not plan to operate ARRL 160 this year. Decided to find new states to
complete 160WAS.  Checked the band Saturday at 02z and hear VY2ZM with solid
599+10 signal. Band was full of NA stations. Spent 5 hours by the radio. Back to
the shack at 21z. VY2ZM was loud as well as W2GD and few others. At 03z signals
starts to grow up. Few West Coast station was loud enough for QSO. Did hear
K0IDX from ND he would be new state on TOP BAND, but no luck to break US pileup.
Finally spent 10 hours in ARRL 160 contest. 8 West Coast stations logged. Did
hear more of them, but my signal was not strong enough for QSO. Highlight of the
weekend was KH6AT with solid 559 signal.

Rig: K3 + OM POWER
Ant: Vertical with 8 elevated radials
Beverage ~350m long to USA .

TNX QSO's