[3830] ARRL 160 NE3K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne3k@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NE3K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 01:54:02 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NE3K
Operator(s): NE3K
Station: NE3K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 82  Sections = 27  Countries = 2  Total Score = 4,428

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Interesting contest as always. Not an 'all-nighter' as some of you are, but I
did stay up pretty late for me the first night (1 AM) to make some contacts.

I've always found it interesting in the times I've done this contest how the
propagation differs from one hour to the next. There were times early on Friday
I couldn't hear stations, and I'd come back to them an hour or two later and I
could hear them just fine. That was a big motivating factor for me to keep
plugging away with LP (about 50w forward).

By the time Saturday night rolled around, I had worked most of what I could hear
everywhere. Having to be at a Fire Department event this morning early, I packed
it in about 11 PM local.

I'm working on getting a better antenna for everything up in the air, with some
challenges. Hopefully that will help for ARRL DX and/or CQ 160.