Re: [3830] 3830 Digest, Vol 193, Issue 508

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [3830] 3830 Digest, Vol 193, Issue 508
From: <egruff@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 20:52:19 -0800
JR,

End-fed long wires are notorious for radiating RF into the shack, and
especially so if you don't have an excellent ground on the other leg of the
feedline. On 160 M, I would guess it's going to be much worse than other
bands, and your cable modem may have been unlucky enough to have a resonance
somewhere near where you were transmitting. Your feedline was likely a big
part of the radiating structure.

Eric NC6K

Message: 13