[3830] ARRLDX CW W3HKK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W3HKK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 18:41:52 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 21:37

  160:   88    57
   80:   52    36
   40:  241    83
   20:  312    87
   15:   21    15
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  714   278  Total Score = 593,808

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The all-wire antenna station at  W3HKK included an IC7610-TenTec Centurion amp
at 800w out, plus SAL-30  and  305' Beverage rx antennas, plus N1MM+ software.
Age of op=77 yrs.

Operating style was a concession to  the mounting years:  ie casual  S&P,
focusing on 160m ( 52' 1/4 wave INV-L), then 40 and 20m (  2 el phased vertical
arrays), with a little help from 80m ( qtr wave INV-L)  and 15m ( the 20m PA
works great there too.)

CNDX: 160m  was fair at best into EU.  80m seemed good but I always tend to
minimize time there in favor of 40/20.  40m was again my main band, closely
followed by 20m.  Cndx to Asia were only marginal this year, however.  And  prop
to EU  became watery post 11pm here in Ohio. 15M was a shadow of its former
self, and 10m did not produce a single contact.

Still, being able to  move from band to band kept things interesting enough to
produce  just under 22 hrs of operating time, which didnt seem too fatiguing.
Using N1MM+'s  spots  for new calls and new multipliers facilitated things on
Day 2, rather than tuning in one direction.

For the bottom of the sunspot cycle, this was a very successful contest and
great fun.