[3830] Rus DX HH2AA(K2PO) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX HH2AA(K2PO) SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 03:30:02 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2019

Call: HH2AA
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: HH2AA

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Haiti
Operating Time (hrs): 20:14
Remote Operation

  160:    43    0        10         0
   80:   184    0        37        12
   40:   324    0        51        20
   20:   506    0        61        30
   15:    63    0        17         0
   10:     0    0         0         0
Total:  1120    0       176        62  Total Score = 1,252,118

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

It was fun to be the DX for a weekend - remotely operating a mountaintop station
in Haiti that's part of the  remotehamradio.com service.  (The 'AA in the
callsign is for the Haiti Air Ambulance service to which RHR donates the
proceeds from the station's operation.)

Conditions were fine until towards the end, when  the solar disturbance knocked
out the low bands.  Fortunately, that happened just as the sun was rising in
Europe, and all the Europeans were moving to 20m.  Having already worked most of
the north american night owls on 80/40m, I decided to take advantage of being at
home, and climbed into my own bed for a three hour nap.  (Sweet!)  I got up for
the final two hours - just as dawn was breaking in Haiti, and resumed running
Europeans, on 20m.

95+% of QSOs were by running.  Best hour was 104 Qs.  58% of QSOs were with
Europeans.

This is always a great contest - the participating Russian and European ops are
uniformly first-rate.  Tnx to all!

73,

Bill, K2PO
Portland, Oregon