[3830] NewEngQP W1W(AB1J) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W1W(AB1J) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 14:08:06 +0000
                    New England QSO Party - 2019

Call: W1W
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:45

   80:     94       0
   40:    123       0
   20:     84       0
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:    301       0  Mults = 43  Total Score = 25,886

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It's nice to be popular, even if it's only once a year in the NEQP. I always do
a part time effort as I avoid the mess on Saturday. I like the idea of
consolidated QP contests like the 7QP and NEQP but regard it as a cruel twist of
fate that they are on the same weekend.

I'd like to see a rare state consolidated QP. Candidates could include: ME VT DE
WV ND SD MT WY ID.  Maybe also AK and HI as they are a little farther out for
some of us and for some DX, like EUs.

This year I applied for a 1x1 call to promote the Waltham (MA) Watch City
Steampunk Festival on May 11. I got the call for a week without realizing it
would include the NEQP and was pleased to see how clever I was without even
being aware of it.

Sometimes 1x1 calls work and sometimes they don't, but things went smoothly in
the contest. Otherwise I'm working mostly FT8 and some FT4 with W1W. Quite a
contrast to CW.

Thanks for the QSOs and see you next year.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+
20m attic dipole
80m & 40m outdoor 66' stealth wire, Dentron manual tuner and indoor
counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog