[3830] IARU N9NM SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9nm_barb@ctesc.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N9NM SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 17:58:03 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: N9NM
Operator(s): N9NM
Station: N9NM

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:    9             4       1
   40:   71            11      15
   20:  171            17      18
   15:   16             4       3
   10:    8             1       1
-------------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

These are my antennas; a dipole up 20 feet for 20m and 15m, and a vertical for
80/40. I used my K3, running 100w. I also used our sick Gap antenna, but it can
only do 10m using QRP.

This was a fun contest for me.  The higher speed ops challenged my copying
speeds.  I started at about 10AM and was on 12 hours. The first 6 hours were
most difficult.  I had such a hard time getting ops to hear and copy me.  After
dinner, the bands opened up, and all of the bands worked much better for me.
All of those ops who couldn't hear me before, copied me easily now.  I went up
and down all of the bands, working everybody. It was just the neatest thing, and
so much fun!

I want to say thank you very much, to all of those many ops, who patiently
listened to me repeat my call many many times, until they could copy me.  You
are wonderful, and I really appreciate all of your efforts.

I am looking forward to doing this contest again next year!