[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 21:33:42 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Aug 7

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   43
   20:   62
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  105  Mults = 99  Total Score = 10,395

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was a rough one. The weak guys were really weak, or not copyable, and there
were few strong ones.  I started on 20 and it was good, but quickly ran out of
people.  It appeared that activity was way down, but I think it was propagation.
 Only a few Europeans were heard. Not much from the west.  Lots of CQing without
answers.  I borrowed an SDA100 to test the 40 meter part of the SteppIR and it
appeared to work, but for some stations the low inverted vee was best. I went to
40 and there were some good signals, but again ran out of guys to work and as I
tuned the band looking, most of the time nobody was there.  W9s were really
weak, or I could not get noticed.  Lots of empty spaces in the runs!

Got some hardline moved away from the cistern in preparation for decomissioning
it and running cables to the garage where there will be remote switching.