[3830] TnQP W4NZ Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP W4NZ Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 00:23:41 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party - 2019

Call: W4NZ
Operator(s): W4NZ K0EJ
Station: W4NZ

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: 26 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   441                   56
   40:   541                   44
   20:    54                   19
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  1036    0       0     119  Total Score = 369,952

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This is the 7th year that K0EJ and I have teamed up to do the TnQP as a multi-op
mobile. For our third team member this trip we enlisted the help of Mark's
son-in-law Brandon Million, to help us with driving and navigation. He proved to
be a valuable asset because for the first time ever, we completed the route,
arriving at our starting point just minutes before the final bell. We had set a
route which took us through 26 counties, starting and ending in Hamilton county,
our home. The route covered 490 miles and included some of the rarer Tennessee
counties,like Moore, VanBuren and Polk.  The equipment setup this year consisted
of an Icom 756proIII at 100w, laptop, Winkeyer and two Hustler antennas mounted
on the roof of my 2016 Dodge Durango. The operating position in the Durango was
comfortably snug but entrance and egress was not quick, especially for us
seasoned operators.

Conditions were pretty stinky, especially on 20m and later 40m. Before starting
no but if enough people get on we'll make our own. After the party I mentioned
to Mark what the solar indicies had been and his remark was, "glad we
didn't know".

And people did show up. Even when the bottom fell out of 40m we had roaring
pileups on 80m (441 QSOs), we hardly gave a thought to 40. We did ocasionally
check there and caught a late multiplier or two. Poor conditions did not
diminish the FUN! We had a blast! And we thank everyone for calling us in each
new county.

Familiar and often callers:
K1GQ (31)
K9OM (30)
KB3RC(K3JWI)(26)
W5TM (26)
K4BYN (23)
K0AP (21)
K3WJV (21)
K7SV (21)
NU0Q (20)
VE3NNT (19)
WA8KAN (18)
K0PC (17)
WB9HFK (17)
W3WHK (16)

....and many more.  Thank you!

Congratulations are in order for the W4AN(K4BAI/KU8E) and
N4ZZ(N4ZZ/AD4EB/KI4HVY) mobile teams. It takes quite an effort to do this. John
and Jeff traveled quite a distance to join us this year and we really appreciate
their efforts. Don, Jim and Melody are consistently high-performers and their
participation makes it more fun for everyone.

All the best and safe travels!

73, Ted W4NZ for Mark K0EJ and Brandon Million