[3830] CWOpen K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 10:50:32 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 2000Z-2359Z

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:   41     6
   40:  170   103
   20:  128   128
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  339   237  Total Score = 80,343

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Session 3
Hard to get traction on 20, but a good start with 30 QSOs in the first 13
minutes; 60 QSOs in the first 26 minutes.  Then the rate really slowed and had
lots of CQs.  Loud to non-populated areas.  The SteppIR decided to work on 40
and there were lots of guys which I had difficulty hearing on the inverted vee
who were good copy on the beam.  There were a lot of west coast who came in
early starting at 21:36Z with a loud WA6URY, then W6TK, W6SXm NT6Q, N7NM, VA7QCE
(heard, but not completed), K7RL, W7OM, K6AR, and WU6U.  Nice treat for DAYLIGHT
long distance. The SAL30 was super on 80.

The online scoring was motivating and I kept pushing for QSOs.  I really could
use automation for band, antenna, and amplifier switching.  Need another tower
for the flexibility, and SO2R.  This requires lots of trenching and hardline to
locate it far from the shack.

I made my goal of 1000 QSOs for my first CW Open and have lots of improvements
for next time.  My speed is better from the CWOps practice, but need to work
more on copy accuracy and speed. It's getting harder to send by hand as I age!