[3830] CQ WW RTTY W1DYJ SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W1DYJ SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 20:43:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   80:   40      16      12     8
   40:   84      27      22    11
   20:   84      21      27    12
   15:    4       0       4     4
   10:    0       0       0     0
-----------------------------------
Total:  212      64      65    35  Total Score = 64,780

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It was quite obvious Friday night that I wasn't going to meet
my goal of matching my previous best score.  In fact I achieved
only HALF of my goal.  Lots of QRN on 80, no 10, little 15, and
with a low dipole on 20 I was not able to sustain much of a rate.

Saturday night was a bit better, but I finally gave up at 1:15 AM
local.  Sunday morning was OK, that evening I even had a couple of
runs on 20 and 40 just before the end -- I need to do that a lot
more!

Hard to stay motivated when the rate is so slow.  Lots of family
obligations also got in the way Saturday afternoon and Sunday
morning and afternoon.

RIG: TS590S (running 80 watts)
ANTENNAS:
   80, 20, 10 - fan dipole at 30'
   40, 15 - 1/4 lambda vertical, 4 elevated radials at 10'

TIC: ~13 hours
Logger: N7YG Digital Engine 6.2.5.6
        >> N3FJP's CQ WW DX RTTY Contest Log 2.1

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ