[3830] CQWW CW EI0R M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EI0R M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 12:18:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: EI0R
Operator(s): EI6FR EI2JD EI3KE EI6JK EI6IL EI6JK EI2CN
Station: EI0R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  685    19       87
   80:  895    20       88
   40:  631    25       92
   20: 1048    33      123
   15:  255    25       85
   10:   14     5       11
------------------------------

Club: The Grande Countly Louth DX Alliance

Comments:

Dear OMs and YLs,
     Thank you all for a wonderful time and for all the QSOs.

     We are up in our claimed score over last year's 3,524,893 with 3,986 Qs,
127 Zones and 450 countries but still behind 2017 when our score was 4,089,722.
  The results are better than I thought and it is nice to claw our way back.

      Fifteen meters was a disappointment but of course we can partially blame
the sunspots.     Fortunately we did get some Qs on ten meters and I am
uncertain whether we managed this last year.    Twenty meters is as always the
work horse but by God 80 and 160 paid dividends during this time of drought.
Besides the good operators, this can be largely attributed to a Hi-Z true 8
circle for 160M only with a 200 ft or 60M diameter.   Plus a Hi-Z 8 circle (two
interlaced four squared in this case) for 80 and 40M.    These receive antennas
make all the difference.    The 80M TX antenna is only an inverted Vee at 70ft
or about 22 meters.   On TB the TX antenna is an inverted L with 30M vertical
run on over 125 ground radials.   The receive antennas make the difference.

    Unfortunately our SteppIR trombone hung up on us.   Repeatedly I have had
trouble with this trombone even replacing the EHU and redoing the inner guide
tubes.    The problem returns and then sometimes will cure it self.  The
calibrate procedure did not help us.

     With six operators we were able to allow every one rest.    Some people
stayed the whole weekend others came and went.    Balance hot meals are part of
our culture and enjoyed.   We had much good chat while breaking bread and those
operators off for hours were able to have a beer or wine as well.   Life is good
and friends are important to this fact.   This was in all ways a group effort.

     Special thanks to EI5IX, Padraic Baynes who sorted WinTest problems over
the phone from London.    Paddy spent over an hour and forty minutes with us
taking control of the station PC.    We had trouble getting WinTest to fill the
DX-cluster Announcements Window from the DX-cluster stream.    Problem was
solved when we reverted to using the Default Band Plan in the initial setup.
What a bummer.    Without Padraic EI0R would have cancelled.

Equipment:
Elecraft K3 (loaded) with P3 external monitor.
KPA 1500 AMP at 1500 Watts as allowed in EI for contesting normally run at 1300
to 1400 Watts.

Micro Keyer II

4 el SteppIR at 24M or 80 ft.

BigIR Vertical from SteppIR for 40M

80M inverted Vee at 70 Ft or about 22 M

160M inverted L with a vertical run of 100 ft or about 30M with 125 plus ground
radials

Secret weapons:
Hi-Z  160M only 8 circle (true 8 circle) with 200 ft or 60M radius

Hi-Z  40, 80, 160 M 8 circle   (really two interlaced four squares)

WinTest