[3830] CQWW CW OL5Y SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@mastrant.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OL5Y SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 12:22:49 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: BKO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:  148     8       46
   80:  390    12       59
   40:  413    26       99
   20:  257    18       64
   15:   94    28       59
   10:    9     5        8
------------------------------

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

Yes, CQ WW is THE CONTEST. Because of birthday party of my youngest daughter I
decided for Classic category. And I enjoyed it on the top level. Actually if it
weren't there the limitation to single radio I would participate in this
category always. I am not able to operate 48 hours and I like the strategic
element of optimal timing of operation. Moreover: I am able on Monday after the
contest (and also as part-time job during the contest) to work normally.
The 10m was dead in my place but low bands were excellent. I never made so many
DX with LP on 80m in the past. Also 40m was terrific. I made some strategic
mistakes regarding short time operation on 20m - I was there when I was not able
to go through pileups of big guns and lost many multipliers and time. And 20m
closed both days very fast...
The sad and frustrating side of the weekend was arrogant behavior of some
operators - I dislike the guys who does not ID during 5 QSO or even more... Not
everyone use cluster and RBN. And big thanks to those who do it regularly and
they still win.

Thank you all for calling me or answering my call!
73! Martin

RIG: SunSDR MB1, microHAM MK2R+, Station masters, Stack master, switches...
ANT:
160: Inv. V for 40/80/160m @ 19m (63 ft.), shunt-fed tower 25m with Quad on the
top
80: Inv. V for 40/80/160m @ 19m, Delta loop (apex up, corner feed)