[3830] ARRL 160 VA2EW SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VA2EW SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 16:28:23 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: VA2EW
Operator(s): VA2EW
Station: VA2EW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: QC
Operating Time (hrs): 21

Total:  QSOs = 1372  Sections = 81  Countries = 55  Total Score = 477,360

Club:

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

For some reasons, one hour after the beginning a minor RFI problem appeared in
the antenna de-tuning relay (the one to de-tune the TX antenna while receiving
on beverages)The relay was beating at the CW rate. Not good for its life time as
well as for may be the amplifier. So I spent 20mn to solve it, it was coming
from the band detection system deciding which radio has the control on this 160m
relay. Too much low-power contesting those past months had not permitted me to
detect this problem earlier.

Coming back to the contest itself, I really love the first night but totally
hate the second one and think that this contest should only last 24 hours.

Assuming that, at the beginning of second night I did not felt any motivation to
spend 10 more sleepless hours to push the F1 key for a mere 30qso/h
progressively finishing into a desperate less than 10/h with mostly local
stations passing by or S&Ping the few ones not already in the log. I then
stopped the contest at 03H15Z.

My best QSO: a early morning call from JA7NI who by the way was my first JA 160m
contact 12 years ago.

Thanks for all the calls, see you in the CQWW 160.

73, Gilles VA2EW