[3830] ARRL 160 WQ6X(@W7AYT) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WQ6X(@W7AYT) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 02:49:15 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Concord, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 2:22

Total:  QSOs = 22  Sections = 12  Countries = 0  Total Score = 528

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X portable operation from W7AYT's QTH in Concord.
In between K3/0 remoting-in to NX6T, I found a couple of hours to run
the FT-1000mp into the recently-devised WQ6X Lazy 8JK Inverted Vee.
Since converting to a Lazy Inverted Vee configuration (from it's
former Lazy 8JK Sloper design), I've not had the opportunity to
test-run the antenna under real contest conditions.

As an 8JK sloper, I could barely work N6RO (5 mi. away).
As an Inverted Vee, the entire northwest (and CO) was workable
with reasonable signal levels; AND, there was NO floating RF in
the shack like I usually experience on 160 using other 8JK
configurations.
Read more about this gig at: WQ6X.Blogspot.com