[3830] ARRL 160 K7QA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7QA@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7QA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 02:52:07 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 733  Sections = 80  Countries = 27  Total Score = 172,270

Club: BigSky

Comments:

Finally, a 160m contest with a decent EU opening into MT and the NW. I was
running NA Qs and much to my surprise around 0300Z EU stns were answering.
Bagged over 30 EU before the first night was over. Saturday night not as
productive but the polar path to EU was still holding. The Top Band almost
sounded like 40m out here. JAs and SA started popping in around 0800Z. But no OC
appearance at all other than KH6.

My 2 tower DA power divider blew up Saturday and damaged the KW amp so had to
fall back on the inverted V at 300w to keep going for the last 4 hours, instead
of attempting any fixes. Felt like switching to LP. Still much fun for a limited
160m effort. Hoping prop will be similar for Stew Perry and CQWW 160. Tnx for
all the Qs.