[3830] ARRLDX CW GW5R(GW3YDX) SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW GW5R(GW3YDX) SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 10:51:44 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: GW5R
Operator(s): GW3YDX
Station: GW5R

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: IO82LS
Operating Time (hrs): 13.7

  160:  600    51
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  600    51  Total Score = 91,647

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

I  have submitted my log to ARRL, but their software credits me with only 50
mults. I have checked and rechecked my log. There are definitely 51 mults there.
Anyone else seen this issue ?

Conditions seemed quite poor at the start of the contest. Even the big guns were
weak. So I decided to go to bed for 4 hours which was a mistake. Didnt sleep and
the band was hopping at 0500 when I got back on. On Saturday evening / Sunday
morning conditions were much better. However, the storms that were lashing the
UK had torn the rotor and antenna control cable off the tower. It swung loose
and close to the vertical part of the inv-L, wich detuned the antenna LF. I was
forced to operate just above the EU band limit, on 1811, which isnt the best
place to collect contacts. The amplifier would frequently trip as an
extra-strong gust took the rotator cable too close to the radiator. Nevertheless
there were some good runs early on Sunday morning. At that time, I had 596
QSO's, so on Sunday night I just HAD to make the 600. WA2HZO went into the log
as the last QSO at 2342, so just hitting the 600 QSO total. A great contest.
Good operating standards throughout but sadly there were the usual Eastern-EU
deliberate-engineered clicks to contend with.

Equipment – TS890 (behaved like a champ) – Expert amp. TX inv-L with 70ft
vertical section and temporary 600ft Beverage for RX. N1MM+ software. Thanks
Tom. As usual it worked FB.

73
Ron GW3YDX