[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 03:34:02 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Apr 3

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   4      3
   80:  15     13
   40:  22     17
   20:  10      8
   15:   1      1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  52     42  Total Score = 2,184

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Very scatterbrained night for me. A strong WX front passed over this afternoon,
with some T-storms and hard rain at times, but then things cleared up and the
bands were quite nice in terms of no noise. Propagation was strange on 20, but
40 and 80 were good.

I almost forgot about the NS and a reminder on my cell phone went off at 02:20Z,
so dropped everything, ran to the shack, reconnected all the ants etc as things
were totally disconnected. Had not set up the NS file for tonight, so had to
rush it, and actually got it all QRV with the antennas connected, etc at
02:29:45! Was frazzled all night and committed some nasty QLF by transmitting on
the wrong radio at times, so sorry if I CQed on some innocents trying to
complete a QSO.

Had one dupe, where I thought I'd worked K4XU, ... sorry ... and worked Dick
manually when he protested my "QSL B4" auto message.

Was running about equal to behind a lot of guys in the first 20 minutes, so
there were some good starts tonight. I write this before looking at everyone's
comments on 3830, so hope that not too many call me out for QLFing.

No three-baggers at all! Hard to believe, but the activity now is so great as we
all are "sheltering in place" that the bands are so crowded.

Five min segments: 9, 10, 9, 9, 9, and a final 7.

W0BH and KG5HVO very loud on 80 and 160. K9BGL and W9RE ditto.

Was a bit ahead of Art, KZ5D and think I edged him out. He closes on me fast and
usually out-mults me.

Thanks to all,

73, Jim N3BB

73, Jim N3BB