[3830] CWopsT WJ9B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WJ9B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 14:59:25 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z May 20

Call: WJ9B
Operator(s): WJ9B
Station: WJ9B

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ID
Operating Time (hrs): 1
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   1
   40:  45
   20:  49
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  94  Mults = 93  Total Score = 8,742

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Maybe others would be interested in my second "2bsiq" report.  What is
the main lesson from this morning using split audio headphones? Which freaking
radio am I on, hi!  [The seasoned 2bsiq ops are laughing at me, but there are
only a few of them]. That was not a problem using a left and right speaker, one
for each radio, but I had a problem grabing weaker call signs using speakers. I
had one radio set for 500hz offset and the other one for 700hz but I still got
mixed up especially when listening to both radios at the same time...the mixup
was not caused by the signals per se but rather which signal goes with which
radio!  Add to this the problem of having the correct radio and keyboard but
looking momentarily at the wrong logging screen when typing in the call...not a
hugh problem just hit escape and look at the correct screen.  Now for the good
news.  At 30 wpm I did not get lost in copying signals (just which freaking
radio am I on?). I could grab and hold call signs without a problem and faster
than 30 wpm made grabing them easier, not more difficult. I placed the keyboards
one in front of the other and the one in back is raised up about 1.5 inches.
This is better for me than placing the keyboards side by side...hand movement is
reduced considerably so that touch typing is feasible again.  BTW, I purchased
two backlit keyboards. They really help in moving my hands around.

Please pardon the mistakes, i heard almost everyone even weak stations but i
called 2 or 3 stations on the wrong radio...i recovered from most of the muffs.

I had maybe 3 ot 4 pairs of interleaved qsos but i totally stumbled into them.

73, wj9b