[3830] ARRL June VHF KC4PX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KC4PX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 21:26:33 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: KC4PX
Operator(s): KC4PX
Station: KC4PX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SFL
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

    6:  945   180
    2:   12     7
  222:    1     1
  432:    1     1
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  959   189  Total Score = 181,629

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Once Six meters is open, no time to waste going to upper bands. You can work 120
QSO's an hour on SSB. Once 6 is closed, no activity on upper bands in Florida.
Glad to see that FN20 and north east VHF activity is so strong on SSB even when
FT8 has 30+ signals per decode. However I did not see any FT4 activity, did
someone forget that it exists. Europeans do not like NA Contest Mode on FT8
because they like to see a signal report before sending "73". One has
to change modes on FT8 when working EU. We had two great openings on 6 from
EL98. I finally went to sleep at 3AM and only had 135 contacts on 6 meters. Then
the NorthEast VHFers finally found SSB on 6 and QSO rates were 120 per hour.
Thank you NJ, NY, Mass and the rest of North east. FN20 = 85, FN42 = 52, FM19 =
49, FN31 = 41, FM29, FN03, FN21 = 40 QSO's. For our European friends, I had 47
EU grids in my log. A nice opening on FT8 and SSB thanks guys. EM and EN Grids
were very hard to find. Same with DM Grids. No Activity from CM or CN. Most
openings on 6 was from EU or NorthEast. Thank you to all my old VHFers that said
"Glad to see you back Ivars" since I had a triple bi-pass in 2015. I
really appreciate it!!!