[3830] ARRL June VHF N8HM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N8HM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 01:12:09 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  51     33  Total Score = 1,683

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I'm not sure my moxon performs all that much better than the Arrow 52-1BP dipole
I've used for a few years on six meters. I'm certain that the pattern is pretty
messed up by being stuffed on an urban balcony at my apartment here in southwest
DC, but it's fun working the openings. Definitely felt plenty of FOMO with the
EU and Japan openings given that my balcony faces south. Only heard a little
Caribbean and one South American (and only worked one of the Caribbean
stations).

Made 29 SSB QSOs and 22 FT8 QSOs. FT8 really is too slow for the often quick
sporadic E openings.

Antenna - MFJ-1896 6m Moxon
Radio - Yaesu FT-450D