[3830] ARRL June VHF KG6CIH/R Unlimited Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KG6CIH/R Unlimited Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 19:37:21 +0000

  3.4:   2      1
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  97     58  Total Score = 8,294

Club:

Comments:

Score includes three mults for activated grids plus two light contacts and
mults.

I only got out on Sunday and had some location problems that kept me from two of
the spots I hoped to rove from.  The first is a very nice spot in FN33 that I've
roved from several years in a row, but it is now posted no parking.  The second
was smaller and busier than I'd hoped so I had no room to set up.  I skipped my
last spot and just set up in my driveway at home instead.  So that all combined
to mean there was a lot more driving than operating.

I stuck to SSB (and a handful of CW) contacts.  There were a couple very nice
runs on 6m Sunday afternoon that resulted in some good mults.  Other than that,
activity on the higher bands was mostly non-existent for me.  Some of this was
due to my poor operating locations and some was due to the lack of major
multi-op stations this time around.  Some was also just due to no one being
around.

There were few random 2m contacts to be had and I never made a random contact on
1.25m or 70cm.  In previous contests, tuning around on those bands always turns
something up.  I was only able to run the bottom bands with N1JEZ and WB1GQR
once while out in the field.  I actually had a better time running the bands
from my driveway - AF1T, K1TR, and AC1J including a few microwave contacts.

I'm hoping this is just an outlier and not an indicator of how contests are
going to continue to be.  I hope to make a much more serious effort in August
and Septemeber, including with a few new bands.