[3830] CoQP K3WJV M/SMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CoQP K3WJV M/SMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 16:41:23 +0000
                    Colorado QSO Party - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: M/SMixed HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.4

  160:
   80:    2
   40:    5      8
   20:   10     21
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:   17     29      0  CW Mults = 10  Ph Mults = 21  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 1,953

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Found out when I read the rules after the QP was over that assisted puts you in
the multi category!  The only reason I put any time into this was to keep up
with the state QP challenge as I spent 8 hours on Saturday in the CWO.  I could
have easily enough found all the cw Q's without cluster as there were hardly any
anyway.  Other than the couple of loud participants and N0HJZ I probably could
have found those too without spot info.  So for a couple of stragglers that I
found with DxScape I may have been able to almost duplicate my score if I went
true SO but honestly if it wasn't for HJZ putting out lots of counties (Tnx
Rich) this QP could have been pretty boring especially if I had to tune around
and find the small amount of ssb Q's without using spots.

I'm glad I only had to put the 3+ hours into this little test and depending on
if the CWO is the same weekend as this I will most likely just put the same
effort into it next year.  That being said if there is no state QP challenge
again next year I might just find the cw stns next year and call it a day.

Tnx again to Rich, N0HJZ, for creating all the pileups with new counties and the
other ops who put in lots of time with loud signals to find and work.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger