[3830] CaQP WD6T SO(A)Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP WD6T SO(A)Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 23:12:05 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: WD6T

Class: SO(A)Fixed HP
QTH: Berkeley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:00
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:  111     30
   20:  294     79
   15:   55      2
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another "both sides now" contesting experience as I op'ed from both
the N6O@N6RO M/M (remote...80/75m) and from my modest home station.

Wasn't sure how much/if I was going to operate from home, but it's been over 10
years since I did CQP from home and I was curious how it would play.  So I
arbitrarily committed to 250-499 CW and 100-249 phone QSOs on the web
registration... and that motivated me to keep going (especially on phone).  I
was also motivated by trying to break the record for ALAM SOHP(A), which I think
I accomplished.

As my N6O shift was 0000-0800, my home effort has limited 40 and no 80/160. From
home, some good runs/moments (even on phone)...and some slow slog times: 20m was
mediocre with deep QSB, and more than a couple "SRI NIL TRY LATER"
QSOs. 40m was better. 15m had a brief life here near noon on Sunday. Lots of
SO2V using IC-7610 w/PW-1, low roof-mounted KT34A, ground-mounted HF2V. Had
usual home RFI problems, but family (mostly) tolerated the bathroom fan, washing
machine, and computers going nuts.

As for N6O, lots of fun doing dual mode SO2R on Flex 6600M. Remote worked
flawlessly.

Nice to work so many friends, near and far. My callsign recognition is slowly
improving.  Thanks to the CQP organizers for doing a great job on this contest.