[3830] CQWW CW N9TF SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N9TF SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 04:05:39 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    8     4        7
   80:   11     8        9
   40:   31    13       28
   20:   46    18       45
   15:   52    21       52
   10:   25    15       25
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Casual S&P, focusing on filling in band slots towards the 2000 Challenge
award endorsement. Focus was mainly 10 and 15. Found some S&Ping, chased
spots for others. Trying to finish off some personal mile stones from this QTH
before antennas come down and we relocate to TN. Sat in some pileups for long
times to get a needed band fill. Only pileup I could not break through was 7Q6M
on 10m. But that's OK. Got them on 10m SSB the day before the contest! I almost
gave up on OX on 10m today, but prop became more favorable to 9 land just as I
was thinking of QSYing, and finally got him. Didn't spend much time in the pile
up for the 8Q7 on 20m. Listened for a couple of minutes and the QRM was so bad I
only heard the 8Q7 pop out of the QRM a couple times. Threw my call in there for
the heck of it but didn't expect to be heard through the absolute chaos! Moved
on from that one before spending any time in it coming up with a zero anyway.
Couple of 6 baggers here, ZF1A and VP9I.
Missed Asia prop Saturday night due to dinner obligations. I was there early for
JA opening though on 15 and 20, but struggled to be heard through not only west
coast signals, but also east coasters were beating my low power signal. I was
finally able to tail end a couple times to sneak in!
Struggled on 40/80 and 160 with low power and low dipoles and wires. I was
amazed though at how consistently strong HI3T and NP2J were on 160 from just
before sun set until I would QRT around midnight. They were like 160 beacons!
Lots of fun just poking around. Getting closer to personal milestones.

73 Gene, N9TF

K3S 100 watts, 2 element triband @37', 40/80/160 dipole @35', 160 inverted L 30'
vertical. 60m 1/4 sloper @35' apex, used on 40 occasionally.