[3830] CQWW CW VE7FO M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimsmith@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE7FO M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 01:49:12 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO VA7GI VA7NF
Station: VE7FO

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   23     5        5
   40:   58    16       22
   20:  171    26       63
   15:  128    21       33
   10:   34     4        6
------------------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

CQ WW DX CW 2020 0_0_1.txt

The first serious entry by VE7FO in a while.  Thanks to the great help from
Stan, VE7NF,  and Guy, VA7GI,  the operating room has been much improved.  Less
cluttered, more room for ops.  Lots of stuff not yet done, though, such as
rewiring the room a la K9YC to improve the noise environment.

The ultimate goal is a M/2 environment.  Got a long way to go.

I thought cndx were surprisingly good.  At least 1 Q on all 6 bands.  28 on 10m

Band noise was low - typically S2 on the K3's  BUT we had very bad phase noise
on the low bands which interfered considerably with our M/2 aspirations.  This
must be fixed.

Thanks to all for the Qs

And thanks to Stan and Guy for their help with the station and their op skills.

See you in the RAC Winter test.  We expect to be operating as a Distributed
Multi Op (DMO)  Call sign TBD

73, Jim  VE7FO.