[3830] CQWW CW K1VR SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1VR SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 02:15:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K1VR
Operator(s): K1VR
Station: K1VR

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   44    13       35
   80:  207    20       68
   40:  488    33      106
   20:  286    30       97
   15:  244    26       97
   10:   79    16       36
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I'll admit it. On Day 1, I was a DX'er. I was not a contester until Day 2. But
that is because I wanted to have fun. And I did have fun!

Day 2 morning, Eastern USA, had the best conditions I've ever seen from K1VR on
40 meters. For the first time EVER from K1VR on 40 meters, I worked Indonesia
(YB8UTI). Also on short path: RT0F and RM9A, plus BY5EA. I also worked a bunch
of JA straight over the pole (usually skew path, and with an echo, because of a
disturbance in the North Pole area).

Day 2 evening, also on 40, just before the end of the contest, I worked KL7RA
short path (at 2254z, but his sunset was 0045z -- so almost an hour before his
sunset), 9V1YC long path, and on 80 - RA9P short path (at 2310z). Wow.