[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CRU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CRU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 20:40:39 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   6     4  Total Score = 32

Club:

Comments:

A last minute decision Sunday morning saw me setting up a basic station using
the 910H and portable beams inside the house, in the dining and living rooms.
I could have used better antennas and run more bands but was giving out a few
points without submitting a log.  Only direction usable was 220 to 260 degrees
through west dining room window.

Conditions here were very challenging, added to the fun.  VE3SMA heard me, but I
could not hear him.  Noise was often s8.  For others, nil both ways.
Ran ssb and cw only, never listened on FM, oops.  NEVER ft8.

Some need to build or borrow portable antennas as here in VE3 there is no
guarantee that we will not see more covid lockdowns and need to stay home!

Hope you had fun.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU    retired Rover