[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3WY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobm@mapleleafcom.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3WY Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 21:39:58 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  234    98  Total Score = 22,932

Club: The Ontario VHF Association

Comments:

The new 2m array worked well for the first time being used in a contest.  I even
worked 3 stations off the moon on my rising moon.
The 6m fixed yagi stack also worked well into the NE US.
I lost the 6m radio for about 2 hours til I discovered the battery being used
with this radio was not being charged.  All came back to life once the charging
wire was reconnected.  Amazing that the 6m radio lasted almost 20 hours off the
battery.
No contacts on 222MHz.  I blame this for not being able to make scheds on phone
because too many people were stuck on digital.
No antenna for 432MHz so missed contacts on that band.
Nice to hear the FM activity on 2m, but 50W and a 4-element yagi was not enough
to get the attention of a lot of these FM stations.