[3830] ARRLDX CW N4CW SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4CW SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 02:42:02 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 22:53

  160:   39    23
   80:  171    44
   40:  365    62
   20:  965    72
   15:   64    28
   10:    4     2
-------------------
Total: 1608   231  Total Score = 1,114,344

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Great part-time effort. Got lots of appropriate rest and had a great time! ALL
the DX was super-cooperative and  what I'd call "gentlemanly",
stannding by when I gave a bartial call so I could pull the station out of the
calling multitudes. My deepest appreciation to ALL those fine operators.
However, the was ONE glitch: I had to take a break for "personal"
business, and when I returned, I had to find a new spot/frequency where I could
call CQ and run.
I finally found a spot, sent ???? several times, then asked "QRL???
QRL???" and got no reply. So I listened for a while and found the frequency
unoccupied. So I started calling CQ. For several minutes I had a great run
going, then, a nearby station (US, EAST-COAST BASED M/M, started "moving in
on me"...very subtly at first...then, coming right on top of me sent
"GET OFF MY FREQUENCY"! That's not acceptable behavior in ham radio
circles! But, since I know that station was M/M and had superior capabilities
(his multi-element rotatable yagis compared to my dipole), I was intimated into
leaving my acquired spot. It was the wise thing to do. It left a sour taste in
my mouth! Sorry to say this, but I was really disappointed in being pushed out
by a "big gun" station. I hope this never happens again....it's NOT
good for the hobby!
With that said, I must commend ALL the fine operators I worked this weekend!
Well done!!!