[3830] WPX CW NR7DX(N9RV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NR7DX(N9RV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 20:22:33 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: NR7DX
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: NR7DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    2
   80:   37
   40:  886
   20: 1720
   15:  291
   10:    8
------------

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Unassisted.  Mark me down as someone who wants a category that a double digit
percentage of operators used restored.  Duh.  Why not get rid of some empty
categories?

Made a miscalculation of operating time an went over an hour.  Whoops.

Obviously I don't know what I am doing in this contest.  First time I have gone
full time in, what, forever?  I should not have stopped late Saturday night, but
I had a lot of time to take off and I did.  40 and 20 were excellent, but I
thought that JA would be better later.  Conditions were great but the JA numbers
were not great.  Asia was just 14 percent of total Q's.  But EU was good,
especially on 40 the second night, when it was runnable.  25 percent of my Q's
were EU.

Equipment and antennas worked great.  Operator is still learning how to handle
two audio streams in a serial number contest.  Software definitely helped.

Summer absorption was quite evident when either end of the contact was in full
daylight on 20 meters.  Band was open all day but no one really moved the meter.
 The second night started out pretty noisy, but when antennas were swung towards
the pole the QRN went down a lot.

15 meters was just a tease.  A couple of EU worked.  I heard a few louder JA's
answering others.  Never worked even one.  I could not hear anything that NR6O
was working.

Thanks to K7ABV for the loan of the call.  QSL everything to N9RV.

  - Pat
    N9RV