[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N1PRW SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, as@shawsheen.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N1PRW SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:59:58 +0000

  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  38     11  Total Score = 429

Club:

Comments:

FT-891 with 6m aluminum dipole
FT-817ND with Elk 2M/440L5 log periodic

Contest effort from home on Saturday and late Sunday evening. No band
enhancement, which was expected. I spent Sunday at the New Hampshire air show
with the YL and an airband scanner enjoying the display of cargo jets and the
Thunderbirds.

The FT-891 is strong and does everything without complaint. My FT-817 is still
my 144/432 rig and I was happy to see some results there on FT8.

All locals and in most adjoining squares. I worked almost everyone I could hear.
The 6m dipole performs above my expectations for being 10' above the ground in a
wooded valley. FT8 has forced me to do the opposite of QRP hilltopping, putting
more power into something much closer to the ground. However I'm making QSOs
from home that were unreachable before.

Thanks for the QSOs.

73 Alexander N1PRW