[3830] CWopsT OF5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OF5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 21:27:00 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Oct 13

Call: OF5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.92

------------
  160:
   80:  17
   40:   6
   20:  11
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  34  Mults = 30  Total Score = 1,020

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The live video-stream from the La Palma (EA8)
volcano eruption grabbed my attention, so I
started a little late, with 7 MHz settings.

There the going was fairly slow, so I moved
to 14 MHz after 1912Z. This late in Autumn
it is rare to have the higher bands open
after 1900Z, but there were hot spots to
DL/HA/OK (sporadic patches), and weak USA.
So it was hard work on 14 MHz for the next
24 minutes, until I moved to 3.5 MHz. It
got busier towards the end, and it turned
out to be the best band, though my short
sloper has low efficiency there. Most likely
I should have moved to 7 MHz, but it takes
some precious minutes to 'tune-the-roller'.
Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops

P.S. If you want to see something like the
early days of Hawaiian Kilauea, then check
the Canaries Live TV on YouTube. The going
is pretty rough now at the volcano. HOT!