[3830] TBDC PJ2T(K8ND) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jmaass@k8nd.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC PJ2T(K8ND) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 18:13:27 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 13:00

Total:  QSOs = 356  Total Score = 3,188

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Darkness arrived with little noise. Heard a few Europeans who did not hear me.
After an hour or more, I heard USA stations working Europeans, but could not
hear the Europeans they were working! No "runs" (a few EU in a row) on
EU until Sunday morning, during the hour before sunrise in Western Europe.

After a short 'grace period ' of low noise, local storms raised the noise floor,
and weak signals became unworkable. This was the case for most of the contest.
An oddity was that the transmit inv-L (with 20 dB of attenuation) was working
better than the 880-foot long USA/JA Beverage most of the time!

For a few hours before sunrise, the noise floor was better, but there were
bursts of static that obliterated parts of callsigns. Then, about an hour before
sunrise on Curacao, things got quiet again until the Sun killed all signals.

Elecraft K3
AL-1200
Inv-L transmit
1000-foot Europe Beverage