[3830] TBDC WT9U Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, arswt9u@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WT9U Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 18:15:45 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: WT9U
Operator(s): WT9U
Station: WT9U

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 6:41

Total:  QSOs = 437  Total Score = 1,176

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I primarily got on to shake down the Alpha 87a that I replaced the blower in.
I'd had to pull it apart a second time to double check the wiring and look for a
short that was blowing a $7 .25 amp fuse.  I did meet with success in that
department.  I've got another Alpha 87a.  It's an early model (one of W0AIH's
old ones) and doesn't have all the power supply mods and for some reason it
doesn't like 160 at all.  Since the repaired amp does I've confirmed it wasn't
an antenna problem.  May have to send the other one out for the mods at some
point.

Best DX was a UZ5.  Bands were quiet but quit before midnight due to church
commitments today.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.