[3830] NAQP SSB W1DYJ Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1DYJ Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 02:33:25 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:   15    10
   80:   72    27
   40:   47    29
   20:   44    25
   15:   18    13
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  196   104  Total Score = 20,384

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC Jo

Comments:

A personal best for this one, either January or August.
Of course, assisted helped.  Checked out 10m at 1p,
but nothing then or ever -- maybe by August?  But 15 was
good at the start.  After a late lunch, I rotated between
15 & 20 until 40 started to come alive, and then rotated
between 20 and 40 until dinner.

Saving 80 until after dinner, I hit a peak of ~50/hour for
a bit -- reasonable for an all S&P effort and a sort-of
noisy band.  The rate was decent enough that I never tried
running, given my bad typing skills.

160 finally started to show some life on my sub-optimal wire
"dipole" around 9pm as expected, and I stayed on 160 & 80
until I finally tossed it in at midnight.

Enjoyed it!

Team: YCCC Jo
Rig: TS-590SG
Actual BIC = 6:45 hours  (Official "30-minute" time = 7:21 hours)
Logger: N3FJP NAQP Contest Log Ver 5.3.1
Antennas:
   160/80/40  Fan dipole: trapped 80/40 [SE-NW] AND trapped
       160/75 [S-N, with North end turning a few times to
       fit in the yard] @ 35' at center, ~20'at ends
   20  HB Moxon @ 36'
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 33'
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30'