[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1XM M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1XM M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 00:25:07 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K1XM
Operator(s): K1XM KQ1F
Station: K1XM

Class: M/S LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    0     0
   80:   66    37
   40:  128    58
   20:  305    81
   15:  230    92
   10:  141    45
-------------------
Total:  870   313  Total Score = 816,930

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was sort of like the CW contest except that it was missing all the fun
parts.

I found a microphone in the basement on Thursday, connected it to one of the
radios, and made a QSO.  Friday I made two more QSOs and and adjusted the
compressor and equalizer.  I also modified the K4 radio driver in DXLog figuring
I could test the changes during the weekend.  So much for contest prep.

We ran for less than an hour total and it wasn't for lack of trying.  Almost all
of the QSOs were S&P.

I went to 40 early Saturday to get a run frequency.  I started running and a
little while later a big station started calling CQ about 600 Hz off my
frequency.  I zero beat him and told him the frequency was in use.  He said
"Oh, come on!".  I informed him that I was a half-KHz below him and he
again said "Oh come on" and called CQ.  I could have tried to fight
for the frequency but he's a lot louder than my barefoot station so I left.  The
station was multi-op and it wasn't the owner so I'll assume that the supply
chain shortages make it difficult to get good operators.