[3830] ARRLDX SSB W2RE(@W1/JONESPORT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2re@remotehamradio.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W2RE(@W1/JONESPORT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 14:20:54 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W2RE
Operator(s): W2RE
Station: W1/JONESPORT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 46
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:   42    23
   80:  213    54
   40:  544    78
   20: 1341   101
   15:  795    81
   10:  148    55
-------------------
Total: 3083   392  Total Score = 36,265,608

Club: RHRDXA

Comments:

Nice to run EU direct path for an hour on 10M Saturday.

I will be submitting checklog since I lost the ability to operate the Jonesport
dedicated station on 80M. Without 80M, I connected 30 miles north to use the 80M
band only in Eastport to continue and enjoy playing. My only goal this weekend
was to keep up with my good friend Jeff VY2ZM and push him! Jeff has built a
station in PEI that is almost impossible to beat in ARRL DX SSB. I gave it all I
had (46 hours) even though I knew it wouldnt count.

20M both days I started off on 14153. Having an hour or two each morning
starting about 4:30/am is a lot of fun. No QRM or competition is a nice
advantage. The solar storm effected any abilty to run 15M on Sunday. So, Maine
has an advantage but any hint or sniff of CME hurts us this far north and east.
My suggestion to others thinking about Maine, DONT come here!!!. lol

I've done extensive upgrades to my station in Jonesport the past several weeks
including (4) new Flex PGXL's (nice to have 1500w). My W1/Jonesport google album
has many updates (including my new SO2R Remote setup). I have been documenting
it all with pictures since 2019. https://photos.app.goo.gl/ui79t2jFo95b29et6

In Jonesport we are now running exclusive Flex gear with our proprietory
software. It all worked great!.

Thanks to my guys at RHR for making Remote operating easy!

73, Ray W2RE