[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:48:27 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Mar 30

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  180
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  180  Mults = 180  Total Score = 32,400

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Since last time my neighbor came over and we redid the network from the Verizon
modem/WiFi to the shack.  Changed settings on the box. Tested the underground
ethernet cables.  Assigned static IP to the printer.  Installed a commercial
access point in the shack.  The amp is able to get an IP address now that is on
the same network as the radio room.  But still periodically Verizon lows from 30
MBPS to about 7 with a faster upload speed than download.  I can't wait to try
Starlink.

37 WPM. 40 meters only.  West was weak, but there were quite a few coming
through from CO, TX, Pac NW. Few W4.  Some short skip too with strong in-state
signals. Good start.  At 0315Z had 50. At 1320 there was a steady stream of
multiple callers and the 10 minute rate was 222.  At 1330 reached saturation and
called CQ 5 times without luck .  At 1341 there was a lull and the rate dropped
as I did S&P.  AT 1347 had 150 QSOs but not many spots. Normally this would
have been a signal to go to 20, but I am still trying to reach 200 QSOs on one
band!

Quick trip afterwards with the chainsaw to attack branches.  But it soon poured
rain.  QRN was never bad, but thunderstorms and strong wind predicted for today.