[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 15:51:21 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Mar 23

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  162
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  162  Mults = 162  Total Score = 26,244

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

I woke up 2 hours early to try to get the Flex equipment working before swapping
it out with a K3 and KPA500.  I downloaded the DAX and CAT programs and
reinstalled them and was able to get the 6600 and Maestro to work, AND have
N1MM+ send CW!  What a pain.  The PGXL amp still can't automatically band switch
and the  TGXL tuner indicates "Low Power" or "No PTT".  I
need to use a tuner on 40 since it has the same feedline as 80 and the SWR is
not perfect.  Oh, well, better than last week.

Pretty good start and lots of activity on 40.  I had 88 QSOs at 1330Z and 100 at
1334Z.  East coast was not particularly strong and activity from there was a bit
sparse, but we also had short skip to compensate, but missed a few of the
Midwest who were active. The west coast was generally weak and it often took a
couple tries to catch a call.  The SAL30 is a pile of wire and broken poles and
I will have to get it picked up before mowing starts.  S&P the last 15
minutes.  It is hard to have a great rate, but excellent to grab those guys who
I missed earlier.  SO2R would help because I could look for them when running.

There were quite a few flubs in this one - guys calling over each other, guys
not coming back to partial calls, guys leaving when I picked up two calls at
once.  So it was difficult to make 4 a minute.  The rate could have been better,
but not many CQs were needed to keep things going.

I was pleased with the number of new members participating and other were had
not been on frequently.  This really helps in keeping a good rate.  When
activity is low the last 15 minutes really suffer.

It is overcast, foggy, and raining.  The path between the shack and house is
like a wet sponge.

N7MB and I went to the funeral visitation for Ron, AD9I, and Mike brought me
some aluminum tubing to supplement my stash. This will help me build some better
40 meter antennas to fill the gap during different conditions.  The biggest
project is to trench in the hardline laying all over the yard and replacing
tubing on the 80 meter 4 square to beef it up a bit and adding some guy rings
for next fall.  Summer antenna projects have already started!