[3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 14:07:28 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Apr 6

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   6
   40:  41
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  47  Mults = 45  Total Score = 2,115

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

Started on 80. Not the best strategy in this contest but I don't think I'll be
competitive for some time yet, if ever. Working my way up and looking forward to
MST as a bridge between SST and CWT to improve skills. Working at it every day!

Having a directional antenna is a blessing and a curse. I hope to talk to some
contesters about strategy for that. I'm tending to hit spots based on direction
and turning the antenna from time to time to get coverage, but I think that
tuning by hand might be faster and mostly the direction doesn't make a huge
difference at least on 40, then I turn the beam when I'm having trouble getting
through.

I've been trying 100W instead of 500W lately. The extra power helps, but not
that much. There's plenty of strong stations.

73,
Chris