[3830] WPX CW ZF2SS(KO7SS) SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ZF2SS(KO7SS) SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 22:10:29 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: ZF2SS
Operator(s): KO7SS
Station: ZF2SS

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Cayman Brac
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  153
   40:  903
   20:  715
   15:  913
   10:    0
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: TS-590 and Flex PGXL
Ant: Tribander 2 stack - one on EU, the other on NA
     40M vertical with 2 elevated radials
     80M shunt fed tower

I've had the callsign ZF2SS for 2 1/2 years and I finally got to use it! A big
thanks to Stan ZF9CW/ZF5T for the chance to use his amazing station on tiny
Cayman Brac, 100 mile NE of Grand Cayman :)

And a big thanks to my understanding wife. She knew about this radio contesting
when she married me 17 years ago this week. We honeymooned on St Croix, USVI
and I operated WPXCW using the old WP2Z station. I got in 20 hours of operating
and all was good....

So for our 17th anniversary we are in ZF and I got in 24 hours on the radio
this time. Now there is even a "Classic" category for this...

The WPX CW is all about 40/80 meters, which worked out great. Snorkeling and
then lunch in the mornings, radio in the late afternoon and evening.

The simple 40M vertical next to saltwater is all that it takes from here. Just
using one radio and no RBN made for a low multiplier count, I just CQed the
whole time

73, Bill KO7SS