[3830] WPX CW AA4LR SOAB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AA4LR SOAB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 11:11:50 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 13.3

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  159
   20:  187
   15:  166
   10:   44
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas;
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m high (40, 20, 15, 10m)
Half-size K9AY Loops (40m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100 w/ KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

Somewhat casual entry into this contest. Due to other obligations, I was not
able to operate Saturday night and Sunday. This was operating Friday evening and
much of the day Saturday.

It was excellent to see such fine conditions on the bands. Mostly S & P with
a little bit of running. Spent the first hour on 15m, which was open to the West
and South. Found 10m open to the south that evening, but after spent time on 40m
until 0315z.

Back on in the morning at 1210z, 15m wasn't open, so worked 20m. Rest of the day
was spent bouncing between the three high bands 20, 15 and 10m. At 0015z, went
to 40m to try and find 4 and 6 point contacts. Signed off at 0130z.

Even for a casual operation, this was my second-best effort in this contest,
exceeded only by my 2018 entry. If I could have worked the second day, I would
easily have exceeded that score as well.

Fun times.