[3830] ARRL 160 W1DYJ SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1DYJ SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 02:53:08 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:29

Total:  QSOs = 154  Sections = 34  Countries = 1  Total Score = 10,885

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My goals were unchanged from last year:
     a personal best; add to my DXCC total of 86:
     add to my WAS total of 45.
I didn't meet any of them.  :(

I must improve my comprise antenna system or give up
on 160 contests -- they are too frustrating.  There were
just too many loud stations that could not hear me.

There was a lot of QSB as well -- and conditions were not
great, but that affects everyone.  There were also a number
of weak stations that did heard me -- thanks!  This was my
9th attempt at this contest, and my 4th worst score.

Hopefully 10m will be great this coming weekend.

Rig: TS-590SG
Actual BIC = 7:29 hours  (Classic "60 minute" time = 9:12)
Antenna:  my 160 "dipole" is part of a fan dipole that
           has evolved over the past 15 years.  It's really a
           hodge-podge.  A trapped 80/40/30 [SE-NW] AND a
           trapped 160/75 [S-N, with the north end turning
           a few times to fit in the yard] -- 35' at center,
           between 30' and 15' at the various ends.  My
           back yard is small, and I have no tall trees.
Logger: N3FJP 160 Meter Contest Log Ver 5.0.3
50/50 S&P/C&P

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ