[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 04:25:10 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Jan 5

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

------------
  160:
   80:   91
   40:   26
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  117  Mults = 115  Total Score = 13,455

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one didn't go as well as I had hoped due to a tactical error on my part.
Thinking that 40 meters would be probably go long and force most of the stations
on 40 to eventually QSY to 80 meters, I started running on 80 from the
beginning. My strategy was that I could get a run going on 80 and keep it going
as new stations came down to 80. Unfortunately for me, conditions on both 80 and
40 were good and the participation didn't thin out much on 40. The rate on 80
eventually dropped off badly, and I had no choice but to go up to 40. There
wasn't a hole to be found, so instead of getting a run going I was forced to go
S&P, with its inevitable lower rate. After about 15 minutes of S&P on 40
I went back to 80 only to find that it had gotten much busier. I was forced to
do a bit of S&P until I could find a hole to run. Fortunately, that didn't
take too long and I was able to finish out the last 15 minutes or so with a
decent run. At least I stayed busy. Hope for a little better luck next week. See
everyone at 1300Z.

73...
Randy, W8FN