[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 14:30:48 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Jan 25

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 00:57

------------
  160:
   80:   24
   40:   83
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  107  Mults = 100  Total Score = 10,700

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

We got this rainy Wednesday off to a fitting start with a disastrous CWT
session. Mr. Murphy showed up with enthusiasm Some sort of software screw-up
caused a massive upset at the beginning. I ended up having to close and restart
some of the software that supports rig control. This also had the effect of
turning off most of the useful windows in N1MM+ Logger. By the time I got this
mostly straightened out I had lost several minutes of op time and had to spend
the next few minutes trying to operate while simultaneously restoring the logger
configuration. I started on 80 meters and was able to get a bit of a run going,
but the rate was really poor. It quickly became obvious that I needed to go to
40. 40 was packed, and there wasn't a hole to be found anywhere to try starting
a run. S&P on 40 was also troublesome; for some reason I couldn't seem to
get through the piles as well as usual. I finally found a run frequency and
spent the last 12 minutes running at a pretty decent rate, but it wasn't close
to enough to pull out a decent score. Hope things go better for the 1900Z
session. See everyone there.

73...
Randy, W8FN